Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Breezeway Renovations"

Re: \"Breezeway Renovations\"

Pic #2 of it all finished

That looks real good Jerry! You do nice work. I have a breezeway also and there's always a breeze. Nice in the summer, but not so nice in the winter! We looked into enclosing it to add more square footage to the house, but it didn't work out. The DPO just ran 2x6's across from the house to the garage spaced 2' apart and then build his own rafters to make the roof. It's kind of hard to explain how he did it. The rafters are supported by 2x4's going straight down to the 2x6's that go across. The building inspector would not allow the ends to be closed in unless the roof was torn down and rebuilt using approved trusses. So, plan B is to at least screen it in to keep the bugs out.

Jerry,

Just curious if you pulled a permit for that renovation? [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

MarkV

Mark,
    Wondered when someone would ask that question. Just because I am an Electrical Inspector myself, doesn't absolve me from following the rules. Electrical Inspector is coming at 9-10 AM and the Structural Inspector at 2PM.
    I do not live in town, so I get the pleasure of seeing the local county/township inspectors once again. The electric guy is hired by the township, the building guy is from the county.
    Just trying to do it right and be safe [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Jerry,

Pretty much figured you would pull a permit. I just couldn't keep myself from kidding you a little bit. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Looks like a nice job and a space that will be great for those family gatherings.

Happy Holidays,
    MarkV

MarkV,
    All inspections passed today.........it's finally legal to occupy [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]