Thread: Pot Pourri question

Pot Pourri question

Don't know where else to find this question...

We love to have a pot of homemade Potpourri going on the stove this time of year..plus it helps with the Humidity.
    Anyone have a way to prevent the ingredients from caking and baking on the side of the pot? [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

thanks
    Curtis
    Livin' the simple life, 'ceptin' my high speed internet! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Pot Pourri question

Hey

Haven't been back here in a while - been busy doing some of the things we all discuss here & on TBN. I noticed no one replied to this question. What's up with that? Are we TBNr's and CBNr's afraid to reveal we know something about potpourri? Since I knew nothing about diesels a few months ago, yet figured out how to bleed the thing when I ran out of fuel (while pushing snow downhill -*&#^$%), I'll toss discretion and manliness to the wind and attempt to help!

Careful consideration of the chemical reactions and complex heat transfer issues involved in elevating the temperature of a mixture of water and various aroma producing ingredients for the purposes of increasing the ambient humidity of a closed environment and extracting fragrance was examined. Various scenarios were examined, such as an application of cooking spray to the interior of the vessel, but issues such as the variable nature of the surface finish (composition, texture, surface cohesion, and coefficient of heat transfer) of commonly found vessels complicates a thorough investigation of this avenue to the point where an exact determination of the quantity and frequency of application are impossible to define. Without extensive ongoing research, it appears a definitive answer remains elusive; this may partially explain the reluctance of many readers to reply.

In light of the complications encountered, it appears the only prudent response would be to cautiously recommend you periodically scrape the inside of the vessel with a suitably designed tool in a manner which ensures rehydration of the aforementioned aroma producing components of your mixture.

Proper eye protection and heat resistant hand coverings are also suggested. This should not be construed as a complete list of necessary safety equipment.

Hey you stole my answer. I bet bleach sitting in the burner over night would work also... [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] ....maybe. Does a hell [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] of a job on stained coffee cups [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

<font color="blue"> Does a hell of a job on stained coffee cups </font color> [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Yeah, and gives that "rain fresh" aroma to the house if you leave it on the woodstove! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I'm sorry but a descriptive/qualitative answer was given when a quantitative/prescriptive answer was needed.

I loved your response. I aspire to be able to manufacture and distribute horse droppings in such an elegant style.

Pat

P.S. If you weren't somewhat unsure of your manliness as relates to this issue you wouldn't have mentioned it as it wouldn't have been an important issue to you. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

I have been away from here FAR TOO long...

My sincere apologies!
    Well, done and an excellent answer.. as it is now summer here, I will remeber this plethora of information once the autumnal solstice re-appears [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    Livin' the simple life, 'ceptin' my high speed internet! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]