Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headlights

Headlights

Does anybody know anything about all of the new headlight choices out there. My head is starting to hurt from trying to wade through all of the BS. I don't want anything fancy as it is just the family car/commuter Honda Accord. But I can get normal Halogen, Xenon, Halogen HO, and Cool Blue. [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] From what I can tell Xenon is the way to go, but if I'm understanding correctly the only way to get the true Xenon HID lights is if I completely upgrade my headlight system which is going to cost around $1,000. Don't want to do that. Just want to headlights out there on the end of the car providing as much light as possible.

Has anybody used these alleged ripoff Xenon? Were you happy? Did you see a difference? Have they lasted longer?

What should have been a simple stop at Wally World this morning as now turned into an all day research project and it is driving me [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] - not that it was a long trip.

Jim

Re: Headlights

i think you can upgrade to full HId's for an accord for around $500. you just need to keep surfing. they are amazing if you go for them.
    the hyper white or blue bulbs do make a difference. they are easier on your eye over long trips.

hope this helps

Jim,
    I put the "Cool Blue" replacements in mine, made a slight difference, but I'm happy with them.

Jerry

I think the white lights are obnoxious when coming at you on the highway. I hate them and cuss the owner of the vehicle every time I see them because the are hard on the eyes of the beholder... [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
    Chris

the blue lights might be easier on the eye, but they put out less light than a white bulb.

Before you do anything about your headlights... read this information. It is very informative. Headlights

Great site and very informative.

For any who tried and weren't able to get there, try clicking on this link. The one above has an error in it.

I hope this helps. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I agree with you, Chris. And I drive a 4wd pickup truck so my eye level is significantly higher than most cars. Their "cool blue" (or whatever) headlights may be making it easier for them to see but they're blinding everybody else.

To agree with some others, those "New and Improved" headlights may appear better to the driver, but
    they are extremely annoying to oncoming traffic. I don't know how they every got past DOT, SAE, NHTSA, or whoever is responsible for letting those abomniations be installed. As long as the road is flat, there's not
    much problem. Add a couple bumps, or undulating roadway, and the other guy gets that clear, focused
    beam of light directly in his eyes. I noticed this a couple of years ago when they started putting these
    lights in the high-end stuff. A constant reminder of the porcupine-BMW comparison.
    "Hey, there's wires in these pipes!"

Guys,
    The obnoxious looking headlights coming at you are the new HID lights, not the cool blue replacement bulbs.
    Those HID's will blind ya......[img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Jerry

Not sure exactly what those new headlights are called, but I did read somewhere where they have become a huge target for theives because of the replacement cost...they will do about $1000 or more in damage to your car just to get at the bulbs, which presumably they sell to some less than scrupulous auto-mechanic who sells them for new....

Just something to think about...why not just replace the bulbs with whatever was delivered with the car?