Thread: More Erosion

More Erosion

Here is where my 7 foot wide stream has become 40 foot wide.
    Roger Meadows
    TiAnViCa Ranch
    Mulberry, Florida

Re: More Erosion

Is this the County's fault? Or did the water management district or FL DEP get involved? If the County did this on their own, I would call the water management district or FL DEP and let them chew into the County.
    On the flip side, I had an issue with FL DEP in which the water management district wanted to do things one way while FL DEP wanted another. I finally called my State Representative and told him that I did not appreciate the in-fighting and the waste of my tax paying money. Problem resolved 3 days later. Turns out, politics are more powerful than lawsuits.

Good luck,

Joe R.

The county admitted fault after this last incident. They have brounght out a civil engineering firm to advise them on how to fix the problems they caused.

Basically, they have one month left, then I call SFWMD (SwiftMud) the state agency. Then I'll decide from there. I'm trying to work with them, so I've been holding off, but I'm about ready to bring out the big guns!

Roger Meadows
    TiAnViCa Ranch
    Mulberry, Florida

What's interesting is that if the stream feeds a large body of water that is managed by SFWMD, then the County was supposed to consult SFWMD drainage engineers prior to beginning the process. Even the County is required to pull permits for SFWMD since it affects the volume of water that is managed by SFWMD.

Take care,

Joe

Yep. They were. I have made inquires and have found that they made big mistakes in doing this... no permits, no plans, and casued this erosion. Basically, if they do not come through, SwiftMud will get the call.

I am hoping it does not come to that.

Tomorrow, (Thursday) the tree contractor is to be on site and clean up all the down trees.
    Roger Meadows
    TiAnViCa Ranch
    Mulberry, Florida

Was it a particularly heavy rain storm?

The last one was, 5-6 inches over 2 days. But every rain storm caused major damage. This is just added over time.
    Roger Meadows
    TiAnViCa Ranch
    Mulberry, Florida

Good News. The independent enginerr has a plan. They are going to rock that entire area after rebuilding it about 100 feet down. Then they are going to put in a series of check dams to slow the water flow hence slowing the erosion.

Now, the big issue... will it work? I'll upload some new photos here as te work progresses. I' also oing to take some pictures of the Menzi Mucker.... this bg honking digger thay have with four indepndent legs with wheels.

Roger Meadows
    TiAnViCa Ranch
    Mulberry, Florida

Here is a picture of the machine the county uses. VERY COOL!
    Roger Meadows
    TiAnViCa Ranch
    Mulberry, Florida

Here is the fix they did to get us through until they can truck in all the fill and rock they need.
    Roger Meadows
    TiAnViCa Ranch
    Mulberry, Florida