Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: merry Christmas

merry Christmas

Hi folks

With 5 days to christmas the turkey is in the freezer the ham is in the fridge. But its going to be too hot to enjoy, the last 3 days over 106 F and no relief in sight until after christmas day. However we will still have hot steamed fruit pudding [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] . I hope you are all enjoying a white christmas! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    made in Korea Vin

Re: merry Christmas

It's been more of a wet than white Christmas around here, but my best wishes for a good holiday to you - and all of the folks here at CBN.
    Nick

Vince,

It warmed up and rained for a couple of days and took all the snow. Left us a good batch of ice for Wednesday. Took me 20 minutes to get the first 1/2 mile down the road. After that the road trucks had dumped salt and sand. Yesterday, it was straight rain and 50F, warmed up so much it even thawed the ground.

This morning it has started snowing again. Not much, just a dusting, with the promise that it will continue for the next 3 days.

Just ran out and took this picture for you, so you can see at least a little snow. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Not very pretty with this weather, I'm afraid, if it gets better I'll send along some more.

SHF

Here in AZ, USA, we are sort of in between you, and most of the rest of the US. Right now we are having 65º days and 35º nights. Christmas lights are still the same here...have a merry one everyone!!

Allthough, the farther out in the 10 day forecast you look the less reliable it is (this is Oklahoma with some of the worlds toughest to predict weather), nevertheless Christmas Eve is currently listed with a 80% chance of snow. We had a light dusting a few weeks ago that didn't accumulate anywhere but a lot of low 70's and 60's on the thermometer since then. I've been working outside mid day in shirt sleeves nearly every day.

Wouldn't a decent snowfall on Christmas Eve with ground coverage till at least mid morning Christmas day be a delight for all the children (of all ages) hereabouts?

Hope you long suffering folks down under get a break in the heat real soon. Well, some good news for you...Your longest day is tomorrow. After that days will get progressively shorter each day until the equinox in June. If your nights are more tolerable it will be good for you to have longer ones. Up here in the northern hemisphere we are also happy with the winter solstice as it signals the start of longer and longer days. I'm not bothered by SAD the seasonal disorder brought on by short days, I'm pretty crazy all the time. For folks so afflicted, they are looking foreard to more sun time.

Patrick
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Pat
    The days may get shorter but the real heat starts in February we often get 10 or more days in a row over 100F then. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    made in Korea Vin

Re: Merry Christmas

Relief at last, yesterday it got to 109F but today its back to the 90s i hope it stays that way for Christmas. At present we have a girl from japan staying with us. Yesterday we spent most of the day water skiing and it still nearly killed her.
    made in Korea Vin

Hope everyone is handling it well. Aren't your hottest days still a few weeks away? What temperatures do you consider really hot and cold?

How is your Orange crop holding up?

SHF

yes a heat wave in dec is unusual they normally are in feb.It can get to 46c or 115f. winter the coldest night temp gets to -3c or 26f but daytime temp is about 10c to 15c or 50f to 60f.
    made in Korea Vin

That is considerably hotter than it gets here. I've seen it get to about 106 but that was only once in my life. I've seen it get as low as 50 below, but that was again only once in my life. We get pretty miserable when it gets to 90 [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] But, on the other hand, 50 is T-shirt weather. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Would a South wind be a cooling wind for you? North winds are cold for us, so I assume it would be the opposite there.

SHF