Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie

Re: Newbie

Welcome fellow shepard. I have barbados (sp?) sheep raised strictly for the meat, ummm lamb chops.
    That is a picture of my youngest ram to the left. We bottle raised him after his mother rejected him so he is a pet, but a good daddy.
    2 rams, 7 ewes, 10 yearlings waiting to go to the butcher and 6 new babies on the ground, more to come shortly.

Whoa! That's one handsome critter!

Where are you located? I get one batch of lambs between mid-February and late April, and sell them off in October or November.

I hope to be able to replace my ram with one of this year's lambs. I have two silver-grey ewes (a relatively rare color for Shetlands) and I'm really, REALLY hoping to get a ram lamb out of one of them.

We live in Somerton, Az. close to Yuma, southwest corner of the state.
    We generally have babies between Dec. and Feb. So far we haven't sold any, just butchered for our own consumption. This is the most yearlings we have ever had so I will probably try to sell a few to help offset some of the cost.
    Those where sure some cuties in your attachment. Good luck on getteing the desired ram.