Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The dogs loved our white Christmas

The dogs loved our white Christmas

We had a foot of snow for Christmas day and our two Giant Schnauzers loved every minute of it. In their minds there is nothing better to play in all day. In the attachment they are running from the creek to the house. They had to stop to get a drink for the half frozen creek. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: The dogs loved our white Christmas

Tim, our hounds, too, love the snow! Even the GSD "plays" with it like it's a new toy, picks it up and throws it around. I wonder if they will miss it when they transition to the AZ desert.

They will miss the snow for sure if they are like our two but they won't miss the mud.

Just came in from a walk with the dogs and Freyja was her usual pesty self with Seigir. He is so laid back that it never seems to bother him when she jumps at him playing. She will actually climb right over him. Well today Mr. Laid Back pounded right into her and put her on her back with a lateral drop that would make any wrestler proud. [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Then Seigir just put his weight on her and held her down. Freyja's legs were going in all directions as she fought to get off her back. He is patient but he is one crafty old kennel dog. There was no damage done but Freyja, the princess, is still mad at him. He came over to lay down by her when we all got in the house and she got up in a huff and headed for the bedroom. I almost expected the door to slam.

<font color="purple"> she got up in a huff and headed for the bedroom. I almost expected the door to slam </font color>

And when he asks "what's wrong", the reply is "nothing" [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]

Here is group shot of our Kids (Newfs) on Christmas morning during the snow. WE only got 4 inches this time but the kids had fun.

Here is my young boy (Mr. Bill) checking out the woods on our farm during the snow on christmas day. I think the snow was the best present you could want for the kids. The other three are around some where in the woods. They all went for a swim in the stream when we started to walk back up to the house.

Great pictures of the dogs and they look so at home in the snow.

Jane and I almost bought a Newfie instead of our Giants. I grew up next to a family that always had Newfies and friends of ours breed them. We both love the breed and some day we will add one to the family.

<font color="blue"> And when he asks "what's wrong", the reply is "nothing" </font color>

Seigir did give me the male look of "What".

All was forgiven this morning and they played well together. Freyja was not as rough so maybe she got the message.

Tim,
    Newf's are just such great dogs. I often travel to dog shows with a woman that has Giants. The Newfs and Giants get along great. It's fun to watch them play. You live in Newf land. Many good breeders are located in the upstate region of NY. If you ever want a Newf just let me know and I'll point you to some of the better breeders in the Region.
    Don

<font color="blue"> If you ever want a Newf just let me know and I'll point you to some of the better breeders in the Region.
    Don
    </font color>

Thanks Don,

It will be a while as Seigir and Freyja are still adjusting to each other. The other consideration is that we would take another rescue. Seigir is almost six years old and has been with us just a short time. He wants to be good but his past does show up sometimes. So as he settles in Jane and I will be in touch about the Newf breeders in our area.