Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The dogs loved our white Christmas

Re: The dogs loved our white Christmas

Don, our dogs' snow-playing I described above was right there in Gaithersburg, where, until a few months ago, we had lived for the past 29 years.

Small world. We are in the process of transitioning to our retirement home in AZ, still being built. I can say I miss the snow a bit, but not the utter weirdness that overtakes DC-area drivers in a snow-storm (or even a flurry or sometimes a couple of flakes). They act almost crazy, like they've never seen such before [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hi Hank,
    Sure is a small world. We are over in the Goshen/Layonville area. Took us two years to find the place we wanted but love being out here. Yea people around here are crazy when they see the first snow flake. I grew up in New York and just kind of laugh when I see them drive and how little it takes to close schools and shut down an area.
    Don
    Don

Don, we were not far from there as well; we probably passed each other in the Goshen Giant.

Have you taken the dogs down into the park area where the Great Seneca Creek runs? (Access via Davis Mill Rd and/or Huntmaster). We used to love to take one of our hounds down there and let her run.

Hank,
    think we only had them in that area once. We have a creek that runs thru the property. Actually Christmas day while it was snowing two of them jumped in the water and had a ball.
    We also take them to Black Hill Regional park over in Boyds. They have a great time playing in the lake.
    Don

<font color="purple"> We also take them to Black Hill Regional park over in Boyds. They have a great time playing in the lake </font color>

Another favorite of ours, but the Great Seneca Creek stream valley tends to be more private. Our other Ibizan loved to go to Black Hill, for walks along the horse trails. For her, I had to use a 25-ft tracking lead; she is not trustworthy off-lead.

Little Bennett Regional Park is another nice, large park with lots of beautiful trails.

Keep an eye out for the Park Police when you let them off-lead in the parks [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] BTW, my better half, who is still in Sniper County MD, is a PP K-9 officer.