Thread: Clayton Mark Yard Hydrant

Clayton Mark Yard Hydrant

Well, I figured it would happen sooner or later. I have two Clayton Mark 5451 Yard Hydrants in my garage. One is over a single laundry tub. I put a valve on the end so that I could regulate the flow when I wash my hands etc. Well, I forgot to open the valve & close the hydrant & the head of the hydrant froze & split. I bought the hydrants about 6 yrs. ago at Farm & Fleet. I have spent the last hour searching for a replacement head. Haven't had any luck. The paper that has the parts & instructions for the hydrant says Clayton Mark Inc. Rogers, AR 72757. Anyone out there better than I am at locating the part for this hydrant?

Re: Clayton Mark Yard Hydrant

Spent more time on the internet & phone this am. Talked to a person in Arkansas, then New York & now have to call Columbus, OH, to order the head. Looks like it will cost about as much as the hydrant cost 6 yrs. ago. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I am going to remove it & see if I can have it brazed.

Re: Clayton Mark Yard Hydrant

[blue]Looks like it will cost about as much as the hydrant cost 6 yrs. ago[/blue] isn't that always the case? [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] It seems as though they go to extremes to make it repairable and then charge the moon for the spare parts. I think that's the same hydrant that I bought from QF&F ... it's now out on the corral serving as a chunk of pipe. It leaked terribly and I had a problem finding the manufacturer and just said "to heck with it". I now have heat tape, a lot of rock under the hydrant for a dry well, and a lot of experience digging that 6 foot hole!!!
    it's a shame that common sense isn't