Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Exercising Land Rights vs Snowmobiling Accident

Re: Exercising Land Rights vs Snowmobiling Accident

With everyone so sue happy, would adding some flagging tape to either side of the sign be out of the question? Wouldn't hurt to increase the nighttime visibility and that stuff is cheap.

<font color="blue"> Wouldn't hurt to increase the nighttime visibility and that stuff is cheap. </font color>
    based on the lastest accident (that I'm aware of) here in Michigan .... wouldn't help either.
    Case # 1 ... local guy killed last weekend in a snowmobiling accident ... ran into a dock in the dark ... alcohol and excessive speed involved.
    Case #2 ... 3 different accidents where guys ran off the trail and ran into trees .... alcohol and high speed involved.
    Case # 3 ... several snowmobilers have gone thru the ice, in at least one case ... high speed and alcohol.

key words: alcohol speed .... and in my totally non-pc opinion .... a total lack of common sense (or brains of any kind!)

kleig lights won't help in these cases! And there's very few of the cases that started this thread ... which is why it's news.

pete
    it's a shame that common sense isn't

Definitely don't disagree with what you guys are saying. You just never know which way the lawyers, judges and INSURANCE companies are going to view the different scenarios. A lot of times my views and opinions are biased towards the outdated ways of doing things (personal responsibility, asking permission, respecting other peoples property, etc).