Thread: Starting my house!

Starting my house!

Well my house has been started and I am going to be dong most of the work myself, so I am giving myself about 10 to 11 months to finish. It'll be kinda slow but I will keep pics. of the progress. I already have nearly all the block work done for the crall-space and I may have pics of that by this weeekend. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Starting my house!

It will be fun to see your progress.

Why don't you fill out your profile so the rest of us can get to know you better. At least fill in where you live.

Welcome to CBN
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

Sorry about that, I am slightly new at this. I may acttualy need some pointers when I start attaching the pics. of the house. I am sure yaw will be helpful, I am looking forward to your comments.

Welcome to the club. Mine is also taking about a year to build. Only problem is we are having it built, and it was going to be done by aug 23rd.
    Paul Bradway

Lee,

Good luck with your project. I just read your profile and it's good to see another bigger guy on here. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] We can discuss moving SCV levers out of the way and lengthening seat tracks when you get your Kioti (or whatever you end up getting by then). I had to "try on" various makes like most people do with shoes to find something that fit. Then I still had to make some modifications. As I'm sure you know, getting something that fits is one thing, having something that's comfortable is yet another. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Paul,

Aren't you saving a fortune because of those "penalty clauses" you had in your contract to guarantee timely completion of your project? [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

<font color="red">"penalty clauses" you had in your contract to guarantee timely completion of your project? </font color>

LOL oh ya sure thats it. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Paul Bradway

Good luck. It'll be interesting to watch your progress and decisions you have to make. You'll have fun, sort of, if you haven't done this before. I'm also in the process of having mine built. This one is quite slow since we probably won't move in until the end of 2003. The framers are installing the first floor trusses now over the basement. I'll post updated pictures here (from the last ones posted on TBN) next week.

I've used penalty clauses for years with vendors who are notoriously late delivering and have saved a fortune over the years because of them. I figure if they're good enough for the government to use, they're good enough for me, too. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Just wanted to inform yaw that I have been under the weather all weekend [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] . I haven't gotten the pictuires developed yet, but as soon as I do they will be on here. I hope to get feeling better soon.