Thread: peppermint tea

peppermint tea

One cup boiling water plus one candycane. I was wondering how long all those little candycanes would last this year. They're really more decorative than tempting as candy, so they tend to lie around for some months after Christmas. All the spiced cider was gone. I didn't want hot chocolate and tea or coffee would keep me awake, but after cutting and splitting wood in the cold I sure wanted something hot to drink. Voila! Peppermint tea. Not too bad, and not even too weet. Maybe the canes will go faster than usual.

Chuck

Re: peppermint tea

Yes, but do you stir with the straight part of the cane, or the curved part? [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Steve

I stirred with the curved part until it disappeared...didn't take long! Then I stirred with the stump until I was getting my fingers wet. Then I switched to a spoon. All the while I was getting smart a$$ comments from wife and son. We creative types get lots of that. The final product tasted about like Celestial Seasonings peppermint tea with a dollop of honey, though it was pink. The wood cutting had burned out most of the residual champagne hangover, and the tea set nicely on my poor overworked tummy.

Chuck

I have to go out and bolt together some shed panels this afternoon. I might just have to give your tea a try when I get back in. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] At least if I get laughed at I can say "Chuck made me do it!" [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Steve