Thread: French Bulldog

French Bulldog

I have been considering getting a Frenchie to travel with me on the road.

Is there anyone here that has experience with this particular breed ?
    Pros/cons/ good/bad habits ?

Cambridge, NY, in the beautiful foothills of the Green Mountains.

Re: French Bulldog

there are good websites you may want to look at, plus maybe go to a dog show. My mother's friend had one years ago, and they loved it. It use to travel with them everywhere in an over-the-shoulder bag. Just be forewarned- most pure bred dogs have a lot of health problems you may want to check into first. A pet is a life time committment- for better or worse. Check out breed specific health problems. You can get books out of the library. To save some $, you may also want to check for a rescue group. Go online or call your local pound and shelters. Get the word out. Good luck. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hello... Is anyone home..???? Sigh [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Why do you think I am doing by asking if anyone has had "PERSONAL" experiences with this particular breed..? I'm not a child nor is this my first dog I've ever owned, however my experiences are with large breeds like Rotti/Bull bastiffs.
    I have been reading up on this dog for a while, but these are writen by breeders or want to be's. I'm wanting first hand experience.

I like bulldogs and their laid back personalities. Seeing that I'm looking for a travel companion, I was considering this breed or one simular with short hair and little shedding

you should look in the the basenji and the shiba inu. the first of which is a hypoallergenic and the second is almost a mini akita. they are about 15 lbs but think they are 80!