Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Gun Cleaning

Re: Rifle

After I bought the wedding ring ( ouch ! ) I tried to justify a new Rolex, lol, it flew like a lead brick ! Abeline is a nice area, try to buy right next to the Nail ranch or stasneys ! There are some nice deer in that area. You guys can see more bucks in one morning than the average hunter would see here in 20 years ! Do you belong to SCI ? Bought a NRA life membership this past year. I have been invited to SCI a few times but never had the time in the past. A great bunch of guys. Owning your own place to hunt is the berries. Its a lot of fun to put in food plots and inprove the land. We have a good Black Bear population as well. Dave

Thanks for reminding me, I need to renew the SCI membership. I went to the SCI show in Las Vegas 2 years ago. It took a full day at a swift pace to get through it. The second day I went back for more in-depth visits at the booths that caught my interest. I'm having my game scored for SCI. The Kudu and Gemsbok should make it.

On my recent NRA renewal, I signed up for the life membership in installments. They bill you $25 a month until you've paid the life rate or pay the balance in full. I'd like to attend one of the NRA annual shows some time. I'll just leave my wallet at home, or I'm liable to buy an arsenal. Next year I think I'll get a TX lifetime hunting license. It saves the hassel each year.

I wish we had a life time license. That is a good deal. I think its really pretty slick the lottery's that you guys have for dream hunts. I want that Gator hunt ! lol, I like things that bite back [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img] I did the NRA installment thing as well. seemed like a good deal. We have been to Vegas many times. I would like to get to the SASS convention or The SCI show some day. I have to take the CFO with me because I can be a impulsive shopper ! I'll take one of those, and one of those ! lol Dave

I see those barnes bullets you were talking about in this months American Rifleman. I also see Ruger is comeing out with a proprietary cartridge. The 204 Ruger. Sounds like a lot of fun [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img] Keeping in line with cleaning what kind of oil is every one else useing ? I started useing Shooters choice and I like it. I also like CRC 5-56 but it is hard to find here. Dave

I've been using the military "Medium Weapons Oil". It's cheap, leaves a good film and doesn't gum up in the cold. I've also used CorrosionX and Rem oil.

I am in shotgun country here in New Jersey, use a 20 ga Mossberg pump gun that groups at 1 /1/4 inches at fifty yards using Lightfields 2 3/4 sabots off a bench rest. The first shot from a clean barrel is off 4 inches, but after that dead on. So I do not clean the gun until deer season is over in January. Then I scrub the plastic fouling out of the bore, then do a stripdown clean and store it until next year.