Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gravel driveway dust

Re: Gravel driveway dust

I have one of those little Daisy bb / pellet pump guns (the one that everyone has had at some point in their lives). I use it all the time to drive off the neighbor's goats. Those suckers refuse to leave or run away - they'll just kind of stare at you as they munch on the roses on the front porch.

So I pump that thing up a pump or two and fire away. The bbs just bounce off them, but they get the silly critter's attention. Sometimes have to fire at them several times to really get 'em moving [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img] .

But that little Daisy only cost about $25 and is kind of fun. Very effective for certain things...

I had some wild turkeys that were digging bulbs from my wifes flower bed next to the house. Opening the door to scare them away was only effective for about a half an hour. My former son-in-law left his paintball gun after a visit, so I loaded it up and surprised the turkeys one afternoon. Don't know if it had any long term effect as I got my two current dogs not long after that, but it was a scream to see turkeys running around with orange splotches on their sides. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    Argee [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

<font color="blue"> but it was a scream to see turkeys running around with orange splotches on their sides. </font color>

Bet that was pretty funny [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img].

I was driving the lawn tractor with my daughter in the trailer down to the mailbox yesterday. We were ambushed by a big ol' turkey that got spooked and launched itself into the air right in front of us. They're pretty neat looking birds, but can sure be destructive...