Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Master Gardening Programs

Re: Master Gardening Programs

I have found it on my state's (AZ) web site. So far, I have downloaded the "master gardner's manual" in PDF format, and may take their course.

Hi Dave, nice to see another Mainer on the site!

Apparently I didn't make the cut, as notifications were to have gone out yesterday, and I didn't get one. I'll check Monday to be sure. Apparently they have quite a waiting list, and aren't able to accomodate all applicants in any given year.

I was kind of looking forward to the volunteering part. Good way to get out and meet some new people.

Oh, well, there's always next year...

<font color="blue"> aren't able to accomodate all applicants in any given year. </font color>

That's to bad. The local one here has trouble filling the classes out. There have been times they didn't run a class because of small enrollment. Maybe someone will drop out and open up a slot for you.
    Argee [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

<font color="blue"> Maybe someone will drop out and open up a slot for you. </font color>

That occurred to me too. I'll mention it when I call 'em Monday.

WOOHOO!

I got accepted into the program after all. Being a techno-geek, I was expecting notification by email, but it came in the snail mail today.

I'm REALLY looking forward to the experience!

Re: WOOHOO!

Congrats!

You got me thinking about doing it myself. found a website for those interested in finding their local program Mastergardeners.com
    Hazmat

I did indeed enjoy the program. I finished up this past April, met a lot of great folks, and learned a bunch.

Part of the deal was a commitment to 40 hours of volunteer service. I got a bit over 20 hours in when I had an unexpected job change and my available time pretty much disappeared. I'm still working on a way to get my other 20 hours in, and maybe make time for some specialty classes this winter.

The focus of the class I attended was perennials and landscaping. As a result, I planted some perennial flowerbeds around the house. Pictures HERE