Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: newbee

Re: newbee

we scratched our heads for awhile when we first moved here about what to do with the dogs when we travelled ... and finally found a "petsitter" who came out twice a day to see to them. Fortunately she also had no problem seeing to the horses when we added them. That worked out great for the first year. Unfortunately, she then retired so we had to start over. We then got our farrier to agree to do the same petsitting ... since her horses are boarded across the street from us. The only bad part is the timing ... she has a 9-5 job which is actually 5-5 ... and those are weird hours for the animals ... so we end up travelling less and less. I usually do all my business travel alone now as she hates to leave the animals.
    Fortunately, the dogs like travelling so the motorhome wils suit them just fine ... and with just the horses ... the farrier can leave them in the pasture and just make sure they have feed and water. Should work out ok.

My mother is still in Alberta, up in Cold Lake and I have a sister is Edmonton (whom I mostly ignore), a brother in Bonnyville (for now, he just moved back from the Netherlands) and another sister in Yorkton, Sask ... so lots of family to visit when I get around to it. I've flown back to Edmonton twice to visit Mom and we drove back to Cold Lake once before my stepdad passed away to celebrate their 25th.

We're looking forward to spring, now that I have the motorhome in shape. My wife doesn't think 10 hour motorcycle rides sound like fun, but she thinks that towing the bike to Kentucky and then riding it around the state does sound like fun (she wants ot see all the horse country).

I know what you mean about hay ... I have a stepbrother with a 4 section cattle/horse ranch in Cold Lake and so I got to hear about the drought .. shortage of feed, etc. He made out ok ... but lots of others in that area had to depend on the big hay roundup from Ontario this summer.
    I certainly can't complain ... even manage to get premium hay without alfalfa for the little guys at that price.
    it's a shame that common sense isn't

Re: Gee Mike

First off welcome aboard, I am also a newbee here. Looks like a great site and everybody really put out the red carpet.

Now about posting another tractor site, I thought my husband had them all, tractor sites that is, and now you come along and post another one. [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] LOL

Enjoy your stay here as I am sure I will.

Again welcome aboard!
    EI

Hanging around Toolman too much

If we would have both looked up at the right hand corner of this board we would have seen Tractor by Net Forum. [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] So Mike I guess you are off the hook because I am sure Dennis has already put it down as one of his favorites.

EI

thanks mike i see it in the top corner now that eieio pionted it out guess i better put on the reading glasses, : [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

well you have lots of family to come home for anyway , i know what you mean about leaving i won,t leave my dogs if im going for very long i take them with me , if its just a day shopping where i,ll be on 3or4 hours then i leave them home , not all that safe on the highways anymore either, the horses all i really need is if im going for a week or so is to have someone check on them to make sure they are all right and if they need help to get it for them they are pretty self sufficent in the summer we have automatic waters etc. but i still would want them checked on , but i do like the idea of a motorhome for travelling be nice for the dogs that will be my tool to use to talk the wife into it maybe lol [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

good luck with picking the color...

I think I heard this story before...that is why we have a grey one, red and grey one and the newest one to the farm the red one...now "HE" is thinking GREEN...I don't think so I have saw about all the tractor colors I wanta see around here [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Good luck on you tractor they must be something special cause after "HE" got that first one...well all I can say is enough is enough...darn I sure am glad he has not found this site yet... [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
    Farm living what a life!!

hey pete i posted a reply it just ended up down a bit , im still learing lol [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: good luck with picking the color...

tammy don,t you know that boys are supposed to have their toys [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Toolman, for all the time you will be able to get away from your place just rent one. We did that a lot in the past, it cost a bit but I don't have it sitting here deteriorating in my drive way. Mind you, you can get a lot of good deals on them some times. When we where out west in 89 I met a guy from Edmonton that got a 26 foot one with 1300 KM on it for about 1/3 of new cost, and it looked like new too.
    Later Bob

ya i though about that and my friend offered to loan me his once but i just hate borrowing something , something always happenes thats not supposed too an then you have to repair it find a new friend an or deal with an upset rental company, besides i always wanted one of my own , could park it in the back yard as a hideout for when she comes waving the list around [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] :