Thread: Cabin or ??????

Cabin or ??????

My wife and I have a couple of acres on the Tilton river in Washington. We currently just do some camping on it but are considering putting up a permanent structure. We want to build a "different" building. We are not limiting ourselves to any possibilities (no treehouses). Round, multi-sided, pie shaped, anything is worth looking at. Water, power, and septic are available. This would be for weekend use and only about 500 to 800 sq/ft. Any ideas from CBN folks would be great.

Re: Cabin or ??????

[img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] You could go with one of those bolt-together-the-halves spherical bomb shelters and partially bury the thing. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] That way you could experience life as the critters really know it.......deep in terry firmia. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    CJDave

Not sure what your price range for doing this is, if you want to design/build yourself, or pay someone else to do it for you, but here are a couple of links that may be fun to look at, if nothing else.

Cabin Link 1
    Cablin Link 2

enjoy! [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I have always thought the "A" frame was an attractive river home. The Tilton is one of the few western Washington rivers I have never fished. which fork are you on? There are several "A' frames on the Cowlitz and the Nisqually near you(sorta) might take a Sunday drive and check them out.

The traditional " cabin" or "A" frame is a great getaway, we were looking for somthing a little more non conventional.
    we are just North of where the East fork flows into the Tilton, In fact where they meet is a good fishin hole. We were up the Nisqually on 1/11/03 lots of cabin ideas but again not what were looking for.

<font color="blue">we were looking for somthing a little more non conventional.</font color>

You could always go with a yurt.

Yurt is a possibility or at least a round structure, I wonder how well a Yurt would do ina rainy climate.