Thread: New pup decided he wants to eat poop

Hybrid View

Re: New pup decided he wants to eat poop

I feel the wife pain! My wife can't believe we have another potential nasty. After several generations of non poop eaters our youngest has decided at 18 months to "Go to the dark side" (as we call poop eating in our house). The second after touch down we are running outside in our white tyvek suit for the pickup. We would have preferred she waited until spring to start her new habit but...

We joke that she really doesn't like the poop as much as she likes it served as a Poopcicle due to the winter freeze effect.

The only method we found that works is a immediate pick up. With four dogs we can't treat them with any pills or addatives.
    We were always able to call off our prior poop eaters so that we didn't have to rush but left on their own, forget it, it was a snack in minutes.

Re: New pup decided he wants to eat poop

Just to confirm -- the word Poopsicle is absolutely, positively brilliant and is one that our household has fully embraced. While getting it "fresh out of the oven" seems to be wonderful, there's nothing quite like digging through 2ft of snow to get the good stuff. Or so I hear.