Thread: Muhammad: Need help entering tractorybynet

Muhammad: Need help entering tractorybynet

Muhammad,
    I can't seem to enter any of the topic sections of tractorbynet.com. I get the web site and I can enter the disucssion forums, but when I try to enter any specific topic, I get the header/advertising banner, and where the specific posts are supposed to come up, all I get is a blank screen and my equipment "loading light" just keeps blinking like it is loading. Here at home, I access through WebTV. I have been acccessing tractorbynet at work with no difficulties at all. Here at home, I can enter all other websites (on my favorites list) with no difficulties at all. I try to enter tractorybynet through my favorites button, through a net search for tractorybynet.com, and through other links. No matter which way I try, I get to the same point, and I get the same thing (a blank screen where specific posts should come up). Any thoughts? I got here on countrybynet through my favorites button with no difficulties.
    Thanks,

Ches

California - S.F. East Bay & Sierra foothills

Re: Muhammad: Need help entering tractorybynet

Ches --

What platform/browser/version combo is giving you the trouble?

TBN makes extensive use of nested tables, which brings out one of the many weaknesses of certain versions of Netscape. The symptoms are very much like you describe, especially if you don't have the very best connection, are more than a couple of hops from the backbone or your path is not perfectly "healthy" for some reason.

There are days when I see this problem more than others, but I can usually get past it by patiently reloading the page until the whole thing shows up. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Re: Muhammad: Need help entering tractorybynet

Harv,Thanks for writing back. Don't really know platfor/browser other than I access internet and tractorbynet through my WebTv sat. dish and the Echostar receiver. My wife and I have talked about buying a computer and accessing the internet here at home that way insteat of the sat. I access it at work a lot through the computer, but I'd rather do tractorbynet here at home. If I can't get this figured out, I may be making the decision to buy that computer real soon. Thanks again.Ches