Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Home Theatre Lighting

Re: Home Theatre Lighting

Smarthome has many Leviton products that are X10 compatible. They are supposed to have a better 'feel' than the lower cost X10 branded switches.

I was at a house that had a big screen TV built into the wall. Next to it, at about a 20 degree angle, was a smoked glass door about 20 inches wide and 6 feet tall. Behind the smoked glass was all the audio video equipment for the house. I asked the guy that built the house how he could access the TV. He smiled and said. "Follow me" with a grin on his face. We went around some hallways and ended up in the master bedroom. In one corner there was a closet door at the same, familiar 20 degree angle. YES! access to the rear of the audio video equipment and a crawl space to the rear of the big screen. He even had a light fixture in the ceiling of the closet. It was awsome. Almost brought a tear to my eye [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Just little touches like that really make a house.

Well, ain't that a hoot! The house I was describing is almost featured in today's South Bend Tribune. His dad's house is the feature home, and he lives right behind them. Both awsome houses.

Here's a link to the story. The link will only be good for a week, then it goes to paid archive, so click here now. I'll remove the link when it goes paid.

Hey, I read that article. I always look at those house features. My boss's was in a couple of months back.

I wrapped up my electrical rough-in yesterday and even put bulbs/switches in for the can lights. I ended up with 12. A pair in the front corners on one switch, a second pair in the rear corners on a switch then six in the center part of the room along with two more on the entry hall all on a third switch. Apparently it worked as the kids played down there all evening in the new lighting [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Rob