Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Home Page Picture

Re: New Home Page Picture

Gee, 60 degrees... we'd have to break out the suntan oil and shorts. [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Your dog actually walks with you at 0? Starts getting that cold and mine wants to be carried. Or at least let back inside right away.

Steve

<font color="blue"> Your dog actually walks with you at 0? Starts getting that cold and mine wants to be carried. Or at least let back inside right away.
    </font color>

My dog (7 y/o lab) isn't any happier about it than I am, but the exercise general (aka wifey) doesn't let us wuss out!

Her dog, The pup (10 month lab) doesn't seem to be affected at all.

We went winter camping two years ago in the rangley lakes region in Maine, managed to pick the coldest day of the winter, It was -10 F at 8am (when we got to the car in the morning). That's the first time I've ever seen a dog shiver! I had to give up some of my sleeping pad so that he wasn't on the ground (we packed a fleece blanket for him, but he knew the thermarest was the place to be). If he would have fit (he's 90#, I'm 210#), I'd have stuffed him in the mummy bag with me. Since then I picked up a pad for the dog on sale. My mom sewed a fleece &amp; nylon cover for it. Fellow hikers get a laugh out of the "spoiled pooch". Now with two dogs, I'm regretting the purchase of the "two man" tent. Gets a little too cozy on a warm night.
    Hazmat

Ours will beg and beg to go out to the chicken coop with my wife. Beats her back to the house every time [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

It was 78, sunny and windy here yesterday. My face was either sunburned or windburned last night. Kinda got my goat, making me think about the miserable, hot summer days coming up in a few, short months. I hate summer! [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I love winter! [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
    Chris

Hey Pete, things are good. Finally finished the horse arena and now we are waiting to get the footing in so we can start using it. But the guy is reluctant to plow the 1/2 mile drive to his gravel pit and break through the frozen ground.. imagine that!

Most of you have me beat on the temperatures (only down to 5 degrees or so), but I've been getting up at 4 every morning to clean the stalls and feed the horses and I'm glad to be in the 25 degree barn. We need more horses to put out more heat! Seeing ice in their buckets makes me think about getting the water heaters..

I got Dunkin Donuts coffee for xmas, but it wasn't as good as your Green Mountain!

My fiancee has been looking at Australian Shephard rescue web sights again.. DOH! Looks like we are going to back to four dogs again soon.. We've got the barn cats in the house the last three nights and the dogs haven't stopped whining! I don't believe they just want to make friends..

Hope it gets warm soon.. I have to wash my tractor.

Stay warm!
    Pete

Administrator

Submissions welcome. [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]
    Muhammad Chishti
    Administrator

How's this?

Pete

Cambridge, New York in beautiful Washington County, next to Vermont