Thread: Payroll

Payroll

I thought I knew a lot about paying people, but boy was I wrong. I don't know half of it. I just got new duties at work and one is payroll. It's crazy! I didn't know there was so many rules you had to follow.
    Anyone else do payroll for a company?

Yep, it can be a pain in the hiney. Fortunately for us, we're all now independent contractors so that burdon is off my shoulders. My work partner is a CPA and I've 'given' him the fun of dealing with 1099 reporting at the end of the year.

I did payroll when my ex-husband had a painting business. It is definitely not easy and I am sure it is even harder these days. There is so much you have to take out for different things and such, I can sympathize with you.

All over the USA and plan overseas when I retire
    I have honestly never done this before and I am great at many things but math is not one of them. Then take math and * it by a bajillion people in a company = not my thing. I do feel for you though, I know three accountants and all like their job but not always the duties that come with it.

I used to work at Papa Johns and had to manage scheduling and payroll for everyone who worked there. It got worse when I had to work all the drivers tips in for corporate paper work!

There are 900 employees here! It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't get different pays for different shifts or different jobs. It also would go much smoother if they all remembered to punch in and out when they worked! Grrrr.... another terrible day today!

Wow! I bet you didn't sign up for that did you? I don't envy you at all. I hope you can get it down to a science soon so you don't pull out all your hair. I know I would! Is there anyone helping you or are you doing it yourself?