Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: frozen chili

Re: frozen chili

Alan,

My rule with chile is to use enough Jalapeno that eating it, you can't tell if it's fresh off the stove, or 3 days in the fridge. Is that enough to kill germs?

Steve

You guys are something else, [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] I wish I could grind my own especially with all the venison in the freezer. But at least the beef is born bred and raised here. Used to have them killed here but the guy quit the slaughter house and went to work for Kroger.

I expected him to shoot the steer with something large, but he used a .410 with 4 shot in the head at about 10 ft.. [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Blew me away, I guess I have a renewed respect for a .410 and the bravery of butchers.

Thanks again
    Patrick

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    shoot the steer with something large

[/ QUOTE ]

Never saw a .410 used for that purpose, but the only thing my Dad ever used for steers or hogs either was .22 rifle.

Patrick

If I recall correctly, a .410 is approximately the equivalent of a .45 and some guns allow either cartridge to be used.

For a number of years, cattle were slaughtered with a sledge hammer. I don't know if there is a soft spot in the skull or just what. I have been warned not to attempt it with goats however. Apparently their skulls are too hard to penetrate well with a firearm or a hammer. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Steve

hamburgers are well-done and there are no 2 ways about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take mine Medium-Rare. That is the ONLY way to eat a burger.
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

Dave:

Unless you know the handling history of the hamburger meat it may be wise to switch to the well done category.

A good resturant Hammburger is one of the most difficult meal items to find.

Egon

A good resturant Hammburger is one of the most difficult meal items to find

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to like hearing Charles Kurault and his "on the road" stories. He once mentioned that traveling in the days of the Mom &amp; Pop cafes, you sometimes found very good hamburgers and sometimes bad, but he said now we have the nationwide chains and uniform mediocrity. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Bird:
    Your description of the chain variety hamburer is very kind.

Egon

Egon, would you believe that even though my wife knows nothing of this thread, we had a little running around to do today and she wanted to go get a hamburger. Of course, that was all right with me 'cause in spite of all the national chain joints around us, it ain't far up the road to the Texas Hamburger Factory and the national chain stores haven't hurt their business a bit, 'cause none of them can hold a candle to the quantity and quality of their hamburgers. [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Unless you know the handling history of the hamburger meat it may be wise to switch to the well done category.

[/ QUOTE ]

Egon,

I guess I won't invite you over for a Raw Ground Round sandwich on Rye with Salt/Pepper and Onion. Yum, Yum [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

:: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y