Thread: Flex hose for pressure washer

Flex hose for pressure washer

I have a Generac pressure washer. Does anyone know where I can get a flexible hose for the wand (lance) like the ones at the coin operated self serve car washes? The long solid one that came with it is great for most stuff, but a flexible one is better for getting under vehicle fender wells and some other tight places. I checked the Generac manual and web site and didn't see one there. Lowes doesn't have any either. I've also checked paint stores, hose and fitting supply stores, etc. Does anybody know where the coin operated self serve car wash owners get their stuff?

PS: I saw this one at Northern Tool and it's a bit pricey at $60!

Re: Flex hose for pressure washer

Mosey, I have been looking for one myself. That one from Northern is also the only reasonably priced one I have found. We have a local business that specializes in pressure washers and I have checked with them. The only one they can get me won't bend the 90 degrees that the Northern one claims to and it was more expensive at nearly $100. If you break down and get it please let me know what you think. My latest catalog from Northern shows free ground shipping.

Well Spencer, I sure wouldn't have considered $60 "reasonably priced", but it sure beats $100! I ended up getting something for much less though. When I was at "Columbus Hose and Fittings" getting the hoses made up for my new hydraulic side link, I asked them about it. They made me one using hydraulic hose. They just put a 1/4" NPT fitting on each end. It will bend 180 degrees. It won't stay in position like the one at Northern. It's like the ones at the coin operated car washes, which is what I wanted. Total cost was less than $15. The forecast is calling for mid 50's tomorrow, so I plan to try it out tomorrow. I'll let you know how it works.

Try this site. I've bought from them and had good luck. If it's for a pressure washer, they've got it.

http://www.envirospec.com/pages/pdfs/2003cat2web/10.pdf
    Eric

Well, we had a nice day (68 degrees and sunny), so I got the pressure washer out and tried the new flex wand. It was too flimsy, so I put a 3/4" hose (heater hose for a car heater) over it and now it works real good! It's shorter than the stiff one, so I can get it into more places and I can bend it around to get under fenderwells or wherever I need.