Thread: HTML?

HTML?

how do I enable my html?? and have a pic next to my posts?? [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
    Katey mom to
    my 4 Carhartt
    kids

Re: HTML?

You can't do "real" HTML on the forum. Mahamoud has it disabled (for a number of reasons, quite legitimate - security). What is supported is a kind of pseudo HTML that allows you to do most of the fun stuff like smiley faces, colors, web links, and e-mail. When you are replying to messages, you should see a bunch of stuff below your "Post" box that has faces, markup and color stuff. Here is the link to help on that subject. Your browser might not support the "forum markup" (what I called "pseudo HTML", but you should be able to make it work.

For your picture to work, you have to have an image hosted somewhere on the web. You've already enabled the ability for this site to see it (I think, since I see a spot where your picture *should* be), but in order to make it work you have to host the picture yourself. Most ISPs provide some public web space for their customers to use. If so, all you have to do is upload a picture to your personal web space (check with your ISP on how to do this) and get the URL. Then plug that in to the picture in your CountryByNet profile and your picture will show up.

Confused? [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] It happens to all of us.

Check out the FAQ on this board first. The bottom line is that you can only use a limited version of HTML and it isn't what you'd expect if you know HTML programming. Close, but not quite. Maintaining a web server out on the 'net is a real...challenge. I know enough to be scared to do it (you can bet that port 80 is locked down on my box - I hope [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ).

Hope this is useful...if you think I can help further let me know...Chris

kinda confused but I though since html was disabled was why my pic didn't show thanks again [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Katey mom to
    my 4 Carhartt
    kids

Your picture points to the location:

http://www.countrybynet.com/attachments/images/1198.jpg

There is no file in that directory with such a filename -- this is why your picture does not display.
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

Re: HTML?~test

I think I figured it out if not i give up [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    Katey mom to
    my 4 Carhartt
    kids

If I right-click where your picture is supposed to be and look up its properties, I see 2 concatenated links:

http://www.babababies.com/images/pic...684_1-1232.jpg

Strip away the superfluous link and you should be ok.

The picture you want to display is:

But that is alot larger than the 100x100 pixel limit for your picture. I would duplicate the photo, crop it into a square and resize it to 100x100, otherwise when you get the link corrected, you will have a squeezed looking picture being displayed.
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y