Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hay Prices

Re: Hay Prices

Sorry, mme, I just noticed your post. We're over close to Cadillac, too. There's a couple of places we deal with and both handle large round bales. One is up by Tustin and the other is down by Paris. Neither delivers if I recall right. Don't know how much they're getting per bale, since we really can't use the bigger bales (too much waste for our few critters).

Let me know if either seems interesting and I'll see about getting you contact info.

Steve

Howdy Gibbod, Yeah funny how pricies seem to be fluttering upwards always! I've heard every year, "It's gasoline prices running it up!" Fertilizer went up this years!, Rained to much, or Rained to little!!! I don't know the answer but looks more like assembly line work with fewer worker involved from planting to storing in barn, yet prices keep rising!! Ole well farmer got to make a living too! [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

around my area ,southern new england, the square bales are anywhere from 1.75(mulch) to as high as $5, depending if its local or shipped in ,type of grass, and where you buy it from. we currently sell 1st cut for 2.25 a bale and 2nd cut for 2.50 a bale. but we are a small family operation. the hay money just helps pay the outragous taxes here in our state/town.

Come to TN we have no state Income Tax.

Here in northern New England it's about the same. All of the feed and grain places are getting $5.25 a bale. I have a call into my regular hay supplier. His website quotes $4 a bale for first cut plus a fuel charge for delivery. Second cut is more. Not the best time of year to run out. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Updating hay prices. Here in my area of Texas this year (2005), hay prices for round bales are $30.00, $35.00 delevered. Large round bales too. Farmers were getting 3 cuttings off thier fields too.

Dick

We get $3 per bale for good feed hay off the field; $3.50 to $4.00 per bale out of the barn.
    We get $2 per bale for mulch off the field and $2.50 out of the barn.
    In the winter the local feed stores go up to $8 per bale so what we sell it for is a good price for most folks...