Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wingnut meets Winter

Wingnut meets Winter

Well, finally, winter has decided to visit my little place ... so I can finally join the "look at my snow pictures" crowd [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm just not used to having no snow for most of the winter and having a 6 inch snowfall considered as a major event. We had a "snow day" on Tuesday and it dumped 6 to 7 inches on my place. The horses seem to enjoy it as it makes it more fun to find those last 3 blades of grass that might just be under there.

pete
    it's a shame that common sense isn't

Re: Wingnut meets Winter

The snows not really deep ... the horse is just short ... this is Mandy, the best little tri-color broodmare in .... well, at my place anyway. The first was a surprise [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] (we didn't realize she was pregnant), and the second was every bit as easy. Mandy's a whole 31 inches high at the whithers. [img]/forums/images/icons/ooo.gif[/img]

pete

OK ... here's the house ... looking at the back/poolhouse with my shop on the right. Nice to actually see some snow around it ... but I'm not sure it'll stay long enough to get the sled out of the back of the garage. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

pete

finally ... just for interest sake, here's an icicle. I thought it was somewhat interesting because I'mn used to a different law of gravity wherein things hand DOWN! [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I first noticed that the melting snow was dripping on the shepherds hook flower hanger (beside the back door) and creating a icicle. I was surprised when I came home the next night and found it looking like this ... just had to snap a pic ... my guess is that the wind was blowing ???? [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

pete

Great pictures Pete...

Now tell me a secret... did you "shovel" the snow off the deck or "sweep" it...? [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

shovelled, John .... any opportunity for a little exercise is a GOOD thing!

Pete,

Thats a pretty cool icicle. How'd you do that?

Steve

Hey Pete, where in mid-Michigan? I had the distinct DIS-pleasure of driving to Detroit (from near South Bend, IN) yesterday morning in that snowstorm. It was by far the worst trip up there I've ever had! Glad I drove my own truck with 4WD instead of a company car.

Anyway, nice pics. I'm surprised you haven't had more snow this winter. Seems like we've had some on the ground forever now [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Rob

Wingnut, nice pictures and a nice place you have there. How much land do you have?

<font color="blue"> Hey Pete, where in mid-Michigan? </font color>
    just a bit northeast of Midland or north of Saginaw depending on which you're familiar with.
    We seem to be in a "pocket" that precludes snow ... this dump was twice as much as we had the rest of winter combined. Not good since we're in the 3rd or 4th year of a drought around here.

pete