Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wingnut meets Winter

Re: Wingnut meets Winter

Steve ... the reason I took that picture is because it stunned me ... I thought someone had repealed the law of gravity. As I said ... the only explanation I have is that the wind must've been blowing (like it always is here) and was constant enough to keep the drip blowing ot that side.. Certainly the most unique icicle I've ever seen ... and I've seen my share ... [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

pete
    it's a shame that common sense isn't

teeny tiny little place, Spenser ... my deed shows 8 acres, but I'm using about 12 or 13 .... since I was mowing the cell tower land (they never bothered and it looked terrible) between the house and pasture ... I kinda fenced it off and feed the horses.
    Weird plt ... 1 acre at the front, and a 36 foot wide strip leading to the back and then 7+ acres back there.
    But ... it's only 7 minutes from work ... [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

pete

it's only 7 minutes from work

I would sure like that!! I've got a 30 minute drive each way everyday. Not too bad once a day but when you ahve to go back for emergencies in the middle of the night it's a pain!!!

Mine's closer than that, I just have to go upstairs. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Steve

No stairs here. Just 50 ft to the kitchen for tea. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hank,

I can only handle so much tea. Even had to go to a semi-caf on the coffee. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Steve

<font color="blue"> I've got a 30 minute drive each way everyday </font color> Been there, Richard! I used to have a cross-country drive to work ... 45 min each way ... well, coiuld be significatly more in the winter, with 70% being poorly maintained gravel roads. This is heaven now since, weather permitting, I can ride the motorcycle to work.

I probably could spend most days working from home like some of you as I do 90% of my work online ... but I find I have way too many distractoins at home (spelled "w-i-f-e").

pete

Hey, Pete!

Is it still winter? [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Steve

lots and lots and lots and lots of water sitting around, Steve ... culverts are still frozen so the water just sits. Few isolated patches of snow where the sun couldn't get at them ... but they'll be gone today. FOG ... big time this morning ... visibility was almost to the end of my nose (and my nose isn't that big).
    Took advantage of the weather yesterday to ride the Goldwing in the annual (49th, I think) St. Paddy's Day parade in Bay City .... sunny, warm (63 indicated on the temp display on the Wing when moving) ... just a gorgeous day.
    Supposed to start getting colder again tonight ... we'll see if spring is here or not. I guess I'll have to take some Wingnut meets MUD pictures next [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] )

pete

<font color="blue"> sunny, warm (63 indicated </font color>

Brrr. Lived in Indiana for a while and I really don't miss the snow or cold. We hit 74 the other day out here - and I'm still wearing a sweatshirt or sweater when I go outside.

Gotta fire up my bike, too. It is time to ride...