Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: welder question?

Re: welder question?

Gary, beautiful... just what I wanted to hear... How much is this welder ?

I am a trucker and and sometimes I need to repairs on my equipment or make bracing (1/4" steel) or aluminum repairs 1/16" to 1/4" so I was thinking about a mig but wasn't sure what direction to begin looking. Hobart 175 sounds perfect as I don't want to over load my electrical system.

Is that the HOBART HANDLER? One of our friends has a fleet of rental welders and they are Hobart Handlers because they are the perfect size for the home-body-hobbist-semi-pro-wanna-be and don't give much trouble. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    CJDave

I just bought another semi tractor Saturday and I know what you mean about adding a bracket here or there. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

As to the welder, it was $600 at TSC around the time I got mine last year. Since then I have seen the same welder with some more accessories in a package for the same money. Later yet I saw one at a TSC for under $500. That may have been an opened unit or something like that, though.

This model is the Hobart Handler 175. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]