Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We gather here today

Re: We gather here today

I'm pretty sure that MTD makes one with a 48" cut. I did see a Huskie at TSC the other day that had a 48" deck. I think it was 22h hp. Aren't those made by MTD?

I think that MTD makes 3/4 of the mowers out there. I've heard that they make the Bolens, White, TroyBilt, Cub Cadets, about everything sold at TSC, Lowes, Walmart, Kmart, etc & even that Green&Yellow unit that Home Depot sells now [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Yup MTD is probably the biggest maker of lawn equpment, but they do not make the new JD's at HD. Anouther low dollor maker is Murry. You find them in some places.
    Paul Bradway

The Huskie I was looking at TSC was a 26 hp 52" cut... [img]/forums/images/icons/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

I would have seconded (or thirded, or whatever) the "get a cheap lawn tractor" idea, but it sure looks like you badly want that 26HP TSC. Therefore, I've changed my tune and strongly recommend it [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img].

LOL your bad... [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Actually if Murry had a rider with a 48" + mowing deck I would consider it (most likely buy it). I just have a lot to mow and with a full scheduel, I don't have time to waist mowing all day. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I have even considered a gang real setup, but my land is too uneven over all.

Oh, no, I'm quite sure you really need the pull behind finish mower. It will make your life complete [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] .

What about a cheap 11 hp 42" +/- rider pulling a 60" finish mower behind it ..? Between the two I could have things mowed in no time. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I wonder if that would work, could the rider could pull the finish mower ? The over all cost would be cheaper as I could buy a good cheaper used rider. The finish mower I was looking at is self powered and only $1100 - $1200

There was a guy in "Farm Show" that had gotten hold of a rider with a blown rear end, but runable engine. After a little cutting and welding, he had a nifty tow behind mower that rode offset to the cut on his rider. It gave him something like an 80" cutting path.

Steve