Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ice

Re: Ice

Nice pictures, Pete. I thought about going out Sunday and taking some because the sun was shining and all the ice was lit up like glass. But... I was too lazy. [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] Did have some fun walking through the tall grass Saturday though, crunch, crunch. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

I think you may have gotten more than we did. We topped out somewhere between 1/2 and 5/8 inch. That picture of the branches looks like you got more like 1 inch.

Steve

You should see the ice damage in this area from the recent storms. On SR 93 in southern Ohio if you didn't know better you'd think they were widening the highway. Rows or trees have been removed, you can see where skidders, tractors and bulldozers have snaked the logs away. Guardrails and beat to pieces where trees blocked the highway for days on end.
    I-64 from Grayson to Morehead, KY you can see tree tops that are gone. It looks as if a bush hog was flown over the trees and chewed up.
    Both places trees are uprooted on the hillsides. It's an amazing site. A co-worker called it a war zone.
    Bo McCarty, Realtor

I certainly believe that, Bo ... all the indications we had was that we got the northernmost "fringes" of the storm ... the bad stuff was all well south of us.
    One bad storm and Mother Nature has a lot of years of "repair" ahead of her.

pete
    it's a shame that common sense isn't

we did get a "bit" .... between the ice and the sleet/snow/whitestuff, there was over 2" of the stuff on our hot tub cover. I lifted a 10 square foot chunk up to show the wife and it was HEAVY!!!
    Of course, today, it's all gone and all I have is a muddy, wet, muddy, soggy, sloppy landscape with ditches pretty close to overflowing ....

pete
    it's a shame that common sense isn't

Ice is all gone now. Spring is here, yessir. Heard about 2 grass fires yesterday. Just can win for losing. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Steve