Thread: Run-in shed plans... still looking

Run-in shed plans... still looking

Cant believe I cant find some simple run in shed plans somewhere on the itnerent. That doent cost $50 and are way more complicated than what I want.

Does my lazy butt actually have to draw them up myself?

Ken H.

Re: Run-in shed plans... still looking

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~mwps_...ml#Anchor72054

If you can't find one in here to at least adapt to your wants get cowboy doc to send you a picture. bcs

Idle question

Why do you need plans for such simple structure? If you have basic carpentry skills, you should just be able to decide on some dimensions and frame it up.

Dunno, maybe I'm weird, but I built a 20x32 two story barn with a 10x26 ell based on a sketch of a floorplan view and a quick and dirty perspective.

Re: Idle question

Not really that I need it. More just like to see what other people have done. And what worked. I am not a horse person... yet. And wood working... never touched it.
    I am more a automotive type gearhead.

So, I found something pretty close to use for an idea. Now off I go!!!

Thanks
    Ken H.

Keep us posted bcs

Quit looking. Just going to take ideas from a few plans that I saw. But, really just going to do it on my own.

Ken H.

Build in all the bracing you can in the walls and rafters and anchor the four corners deep. In my locale, its not if its going to blow away, its when. I'm taking a lesson from the three pigs and going with concrete blocks the next time mine blows away.

Thanks for the website. This is exactly what I have been looking for.

My equine denist and farrier built a really strange, yet effective shelter for his horses. He has about 50 head at any one time divided into 10 or so pastures. He made a structure that looks like a climbing wall with a straight, but braced roof. It looks like the letter T. He said that after all of his years around horses and other critters, he noticed that they rarely go inside the shelter, but stand behind it. This way, they don't get the wind, but get the sun or, don't get the sun, but get the wind depending on the weather. He built this a couple of years ago, with no plans and loves it. So do his horses! I plan to build one at my new place.
    The slower you go, the faster you get there!

Slyder,
    I'd be really interested in seeing a pic of that weather barrier.
    Can you give me some more details on how it's built? I'm wondering how far the roof extends, what materials were used for the poles,how long the structure is and how the roof was braced.
    Thanks,
    CowboyUp