Thread: Lady Bug Deterrents?

Hybrid View

Re: Lady Bug Deterrents?

This is a great thread. We are infested with what I believe are a variant of the friendly domestic lady bug. These look the same and are the same size, less than a quarter inch long. But they bite and breed and cluster and are a pest. A friend of mine is highly involved with agriculture and told me the government imported these things a few years ago to combat some other insect and now the nasty little things are everywhere.
    Bayrat

Re: Lady Bug Deterrents?

The Asian Beetles really love soybeans - that is all the other insects that eat soybeans. Last two years that was all my farmer planted on my place and they swarmed like crazy during the fall. Just unbelievable how they find and sneak through the tiniest cracks. My only defense was a shop vac. Their only defense is that foul smelling yellow liquid they give off when you pick them up. Yuck.

Bottom line- If you raise soybeans make sure you harvest early as you can. Hopefully the South side of your house is down wind so it carries the beatles somewhereelse. [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]