Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lady Bug Deterrents?

Re: Lady Bug Deterrents?

Try these--

Lucky's Ladybug Traps

These were invented by a friend of mine.

Here's a couple of web addresses:

This is good one for pics, info, and elimination techniques for both the "regular" red lady bug, and the "Orangy" Asian Lady beetle. http://www.pestproducts.com/ladybugs.htm

And this one is probably the most comprehensive site. It deals in plain English and has much to offer about ALL sorts of bug, dear, wasp, etc problems: www.bugspray.com

Good Luck

One of those little spotted pests got in my coffee pot and it tasted plum awful. I was eating sloppy joes the other day and all of a sudden there was something crunchy in my mouth ,I had to either spit or vomit real quick. I hate lady bugs! I bought two automatic sprayers from the farm and home store,they give a shot of fly spray every 15 minutes,the $6 can of spray lasts a month.Havent seen a ladybug alive in several weeks.And my coffee tastes alot better now.

This is a great thread. We are infested with what I believe are a variant of the friendly domestic lady bug. These look the same and are the same size, less than a quarter inch long. But they bite and breed and cluster and are a pest. A friend of mine is highly involved with agriculture and told me the government imported these things a few years ago to combat some other insect and now the nasty little things are everywhere.
    Bayrat

The Asian Beetles really love soybeans - that is all the other insects that eat soybeans. Last two years that was all my farmer planted on my place and they swarmed like crazy during the fall. Just unbelievable how they find and sneak through the tiniest cracks. My only defense was a shop vac. Their only defense is that foul smelling yellow liquid they give off when you pick them up. Yuck.

Bottom line- If you raise soybeans make sure you harvest early as you can. Hopefully the South side of your house is down wind so it carries the beatles somewhereelse. [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

a couple weeks ago the house was being swarmed by these things the try to get in throught the window frames. i sprayed wasp killer in all the window tracks. the part where the windows slide up and down. i was tried of opening it and finding 100's living on top of the window or in the tracks. spray fromt the top and let it run down inside. it worked!! for me. and ther not back.