Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lady Bug Deterrents?

Re: Lady Bug Deterrents?

Ah, thanks for the link. I was taking out the trash and thinking that I'd do some surfing to try and resolve the mystery. (Yes, I think odd thoughts at odd times [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img].) So your beasties are different than the ones we've got. Mystery solved (although the problem sounds like it will be more difficult...)

But I take back my first post on the subject. Don't send them to me [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]...

Nope. These are plain, garden-variety, lady bugs with the red backs and black spots. I don't know whether I should spray for them or not - we've been vaccuming them up every day and they just seem to keep coming in.

-Bob

All her life my wife has played with LadyBugs, as have many of our friends. Redish orange little critters with black spots on them.

One day one flew up and landed on her exosed midriff and immediately upon landing bit the ^&(*^%$ out of her. She is a bit more circumspect with regard to handling them now but still tries to round some up and "herd" them into her garden. I would seeriously try to find options other than wholesale slaughter. They will mostly survive being vacuumed up and dumped in the garden.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

I still bet they are those asain beetles.... little wings and smell plum awful when smashed.
    Bo McCarty, Realtor

THEBOMAN

I have a drift of beatles at the end of my shop under the outside light. They are literally piled up (drifted like snow) against the roll up door. Everyday there are more. They smell pretty bad. These beatles are about an inch long and fairly dark brown. They invade the shop building along with a hord of crickets. I sprayed some of the interior walls with malithion (sp?) and spread diazinon pellets all around the outer perimeter. I wish there were an easier way to discourage these pests that was more envirofriendly (except to the pests).

I haven't squished any of the "LADY BUG" looking thingies but my wife has and claims no bad odor.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

That's those asain bettles, lady bug wanna bes. Grab the shop vac. They are bad around here too but not like they were 2 years ago.
    Bo McCarty, Realtor

Our Erhlich rep. at work told me I could use soap in a water solution to get rid of Boxelder beetles, mixed some up and used my pump sprayer...and it worked...killed the little buggers and cleaned my porch at the same time! Never tried it on the lady bugs [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

We're in Mn. too,those darn beetles are terrible! I have heard they don't bite,but instead it's like an acid that they "pee" on you that irritates your skin. If you find a way to get rid of them,let me know! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Man cannot live on bread alone.He needs peanutbutter,too.

The Asian Beetles tend to migrate towards soybean crops as well. I only have problems with them the years soybean crops are surrounding my land. A bug light will sap them. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    The slower you go, the faster you get there!

Since I got my guineas last year, no beetles, no ticks, no fleas, no wasps, no mosquitos. If you can stand the noisy things, they will take care of your bug problems. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> </font color>