Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NON-disposable diapers?

NON-disposable diapers?

Does anyone use washable cloth diapers? Which do you use and where did you get them? Thanks.

- Gerald

Re: NON-disposable diapers?

I used them about 40 + years ago,can't remember what name brand they were....I will ask mom if she remembers what kind they were... [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Steel Wheels, you must be as old as I am. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] 37 years ago we were using a diaper service that picked up the dirty ones and left clean ones. I can't remember for sure but think it was twice a week.

We have got a 3 year old who is potty trained and a 1 year old who is in diapers. We tried some cloth diaper on the first one. These were NICE cloth adjustable diapers with extra material in the important areas and snaps to adjust the size as they grow and velcro that closed them up.

Just wasn't worth the hassle of cleaning and they are still not as absorbant as the disposables. You end up washing the diapers and the clothes. You can use the plastic pants to put over the cloth diapers but Zach kept getting a heat rash from that. Don't really know if you will save anything using cloth by the time you figure in the washing machine costs. I understand the thought of saving the environment from the disposable ones, but you use other natural resources to clean these, so I don't really know which is more environmentally friendly.

Check E-bay that is were we sold our diapers. I don't think there are many on there but occasionaly.

I will check with my wife to see where see originally bought them. Expensive, about $10.00/each for these. Sold $2.50/each and some where never used. Target/ Walmart will have the plain sheet diapers that make excellent clothes to wax the car with.

Gary

We used them for 4 boys. The last one finished about 3 years ago. They worked OK. We used disposables at night sometimes, but otherwise stuck with cloth.

If you don't mind doing a lot of wash they will save you a fair amount of money. We used diapers that were all cotton and double thick in the middle and put vinyl pants over them.

They also make great shop rags when the kids are done with them.

Bird.......... [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    I was talking about what I use to wear..... [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img],Heck,I don't think they had pampers in the 1950's... [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Oops, I misunderstood; now I get it. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Bird,
    How is your mother in law ??

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    How is your mother in law ??

[/ QUOTE ]

My mother-in-law, who turned 95 last October, is doing very well in a nursing home in West Virginia. We were up there in November to visit her, and of course, my wife still has two brothers and a sister who live there, so some of them visit her every day. Seems to be a nice nursing home and she's quite content there; real nice folks who work there.

And my mother, who turned 82 in February, has been in a nursing home in Carrollton since mid-December, and really likes it, good people, good food, interesting activities she can participate in, and she loves the fact that the doctor and dentist come to her instead of her having to go to them. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] She had to have a tooth pulled Monday and was just amazed, and pleased, by the young dentist and his assistant who came to her room and did it painlessly. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] And of course, I go by there every day for awhile.

Both our mothers are in wheelchairs, but are as happy as they could be for their age and physical condition.

Thanks for asking, and I hope all's going well with your family.

Thanks
    My family is well..........You told me your mother in law was in the Bluefield area.......I am glad your mother in law and mother are both ok....