Thread: Calling Inspector507

Calling Inspector507

Can i run 4 wire shielded cable from my panel box using two breakers, to a plastic water proof box thats outside and burrie wire in conduit and take 120v to 2 different locations. (shed and greenhouse) At the two location put a small panel in for 3-4 curcuits. I would use 600v wire from main panel to the water tight box then 300v wire to my locations. Do i sound like i got the right idea? Can you even understand my jumble [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Thanks Larry

ps. I welcome the advice from all along with the inspector [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Calling Inspector507

300V or 600V should not matter since you are probably not going to run more than 220V. Worry about how many amps, and the distance of the wire for voltage drop. This will dictate the gauge of the wire to handle the current.

Inspector507 can give you more details once you provide the length of the wire and how many amps you will draw.

Good luck,

Joe

Its 150' to the garage that i will only be using 110 volts in. (lights, small power tools and radio) The greenhouse is 100' from the house and will be all 110 volts with a furnace blower and fans drawing the most current. Hope this help a bit.
    Thanks Larry

Larry,
    Sounds like you'll be okay with that. If you want to run 100' and connect a furnace, I suggest you increase the size of the wire. May keep lights and such from dimming when the motor loads kick on.

ok thanks Inspector! [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
    Larry