Thread: Stihl Backpack Blower

Stihl Backpack Blower

I just purchased a BR340 blower. The Stihl website says that there are misting and seed spreader attachments that fit some units. My dealer didn't know anything about the attachments. I wrote to Stihl using the selection on their website, but in the meantime, have any of you seen or used any such attachments? Might be a good way to spread grass seed or fertilizers in semi wooded areas.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Re: Stihl Backpack Blower

Don't know about those attachments but you will love the blower for snow removal in winter. We have used them for years to blow snow off aircraft prior to deicing. This saves a huge amount of glycol. The problem is you need a dry snow.
    PJ

I want to try it in the house like Bill Murry in Caddy Shack. Don't vacuum, just blow the stuff out the door.

I've not heard back from Stihl yet, but they do list the sprayer attachment on this page: http://www.stihlusa.com/blowers/accessories.html
    Gary

I've found another great use of a backpack blower. With deep snow and four large dogs, I can't reach all the landmines before they are buried by the white stuff. So each spring we have the Annual Blowing of the Poop! I use the tractor to scoop out a trench at the bottom of the slope, then my Husky blower to blow all the poop into the trench, which is then filled after tossing in a few bulbs. In a few weeks we'll have lovely flowers where there used to be naught but stink! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pete

I've already found it's good for moving Sweetgum balls!
    Gary

Gary; I do the Bill Murray routine every spring in the old barn that is my tractor shed. The concrete floor is old and too rough to sweep, so I blow it with my Stihl [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I heard from Stihl regarding my inquiry about the spray conversion.
    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    In order to be able to use either of these features you would first have to convert your blower to a sprayer using a BR to SR conversion kit that is offered under Stihl P/N 4203 007 1001. Once this conversion is complete you would immediately be able to spray liquids. To dry-spread, you would then have to also add a Dry Spreader Kit offered under P/N 4203 007 1013. With these P/N's, your local authorized Stihl dealer should be able to explain the costs and logistics of these conversions.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Gary