Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Best place to Live?

Re: Best place to Live?

Austi012,

Please leave Mt. Rainier alone. If you removed it then my stunning view would be no more. At least my property taxes might go down.
    TD

Haha, eroding mountains away by accident in a computer model is nothing. I knew a guy who was modelling prairie biology. He got one of his constants wrong and, in a simulated 5 year period, covered the Great Plains 3 feet deep in simulated manure. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Of course, his model would have been dead-on accurate if he'd been modelling Washington, DC.

Now that's funny. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

My place is VERY close to Mt. Rainier. I can drive to the lodge at paradise in 45 minutes. What a place. [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
    TD

Clint, All this mountain talk reminds me of when we were checking out the Texas "Hill Country" around Fredricksburg (berg?) We stopped at a real estate office that was "manned" by a silver haired lady with a fascinating Texas accent. My wife asked her where the "Hill Country" was and the lady said, "Why darlin' your smack dab in the middle of it." There were not any HILLS as we had learned to think of them. My wife had to turn away and compose herself to avoid seeming rude as she was doing everthing she could to keep from bursting out laughing. The gently rolling Oklahoma hills of south and south central OK were just as big. The eastern part of the state has MOUNTAINS.

There are fall foilage tours in eastern OK that rival anything to be seen in New England.

About the 1000 m rifle range. I didn't mean to imply I had one built. I have room to build one. It isn't at or near the top of the priority list. In theory I have a bit over 3,733 ft diagonally across my property. A thousand meters is about 3,281 ft. So it will fit with room for a berm and a shade ramada over the shooting bench. Due to the topography and not wanting to shoot toward the highway or occupied neighboring properties, I will be constrained to shoot toward the southeast from the northwest corner of my property. I may settle for a shorter range but want to try the 1000 some just to see what it is like.

When you get a chance, you should stop by to see the progress or lack thereof.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

yonayona
    Its depend on your choice that which season you like and which type of place you like.
    I think Switzerland is the best place to live. I have already visited two times and its feel like wow...

genilanderson
    Switzerland is the best place to live

Best Place To Live In A City: When ever you would like to change your residence the first quest which is rise in your mind, Is that place has all the facilities to live like safe streets, fair disposal, low crime, great schools, colleges, plenty of jobs, easily available and reliable means of communication and enjoy full places like charming parks etc? These are those points which make an area best place to live. So, when you wan to shift in any new place or have an idea to change your area then first of all you would have to search all these criteria for your point of live.

I live in the best place there is. Unfortunatly, too many other people have found out about it and I may have to move!

thanks for sharing I'll prefer to go Switzerland.

i think it's luxemburg, i had been there and it's so nice