Thread: Puppy tinkles all the time

Puppy tinkles all the time

Hello i have a 4 month old male pomeranian that was on a good tinkle schedule he was getting close to holding out for an hour before the urge hit him. Well for the last 3 days he got to go every 10 minutes. He will do his little dance to tell me he has got to go but if i dont see it he will lose it as he walking along is this normal for small dogs? This is very frustating for me i have to clean the rugs one a month. My older pommerian can last all day so i dont see whats wrong he was doing so well.

Re: Puppy tinkles all the time

The problem might be that you should only give him water when he is eating. It is also quite hard when potty training small dogs. There could also be a problem with his bladder.
    Rachel

we were having almost the same problem with our puppy....it sounds harsh but the best solution we came up with was keeping her crated unless we could devote our total attention to her. that ment no tv, work, or cooking with her out of her kennel. worked just fine, because we knew she didnt have a bladder problem since she could hold it for 8 hours in her kennel.

he could have a bladder problem and you should get that checked.

have you thought about litter box training him? i know this sounds odd but i hear it has become popular with the tiny dogs.

just a thought.

I've read that Chihuahuas have small bladders and can't hold it as long as other small breeds, but I have to agree with the others that their might be a bladder problem. If you take a urine sample to the vet they can tell you. I use a pie tin to collect a little and put it in an empty film case for transporting.

Fred

Cambridge, New York in beautiful Washington County, next to Vermont

Tiffany, it sounds like he has a urinary tract infection. You should bring him to the vet ASAP. UTI's can spread to the kidneys, and be very serious.
    Rich
    "What a long strange trip it's been."

Thanks everyone for your resonses. Im taking him in this weekend. I think he just cant hold it like his muscles are weak down there. I think i might start putting a diper on him. Ill try to give him water at feeding time but its warming up alot around here and i dont want to dehidrate him.
    I got one that drinks so much she pukes it up and one that [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] pees it out lol. But i love them anyway [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Just so you can see my cuteys heres a pic of them. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

That was Foxy and here is Frodo