Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BEES!!!

Re: BEES!!!

I've had good luck spraying bees with Sevin. Use a pump up sprayer and stand way back. Soak the area real good. You might have to repeat the process, but eventually, if you kill enough bees, the colony will collapse. Same principle used with ant poison. Kill enough workers and things fall apart.

You may also be able to find a pheromone trap for them. They are available for some bugs, not for others.

Steve

Administrator

I always read about people using a tennis or badminton racquet to knock them out, but the ones I had in NY were pretty darn fast.

To complicate the problem, they had infested a fascia board some 20' off the ground, so I couldn't get to them to swat.

In the end, I had them exterminated for about $200... probably the best $200 I ever spent. [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]

They used a powdered chemical in their holes.. get them early in the morning. I'm sure you can get some of that stuff if you want to DIY.
    Muhammad Chishti
    Administrator

Since they re-bored thru the calking, what if you mixed calking with some cayenne pepper ? I have some of these critters to and think I will try that.

Good Idea - how about mixing up some wood putty with some Sevin powder?