Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Something weird with the roof......

Re: Something weird with the roof......

I agree with Gary... The roof does NOT look fine and I suspect that you are just going to have to show this bozo what a fine roof looks like.

Let the battle begin [img]/forums/images/icons/ooo.gif[/img]

Hi Paul,

Gary has the right idea.

<font color="red"> I'd also contact the warranty rep for the shingle company and have him out to ask his opinion. I doubt he'll agree that the "Roof looks fine" so then you'll have the ammunition you need to go back to your GC and demand satisfaction.
    </font color>

I showed your first picture to the roofer that did my last job. He started laughing then told me that the company would cover it if the seams were not lined up but that is not the way it is supposed to look. By the way he was there to check my work on his roof that lost two shingles in a bad wind storm.

Hey, he said I did a good job and he would hire me. That is just what I want to do in retirement. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

What's the latest? Have you gotten any positive response yet? Hope so.

nothing yet. We are still working on it........ [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    Paul Bradway

Geez Mike, I just hate to see all of the problems you are having. It is also very disturbing to hear a foreman try and tell you it is fine. That to me is very telling about what their response to any problem is going to be. I think it is obvious that there was very little roofing experience amongst those who did the work. Has to make you wonder how much experience there is in the other areas of the house.

I guess you understand that the contractor is about to start losing all of his profit margin as proper repairs and replacement material have to be paid for. In my experience their enthusiasm for the project is going to go right down the tubes when that happens. Just may be time to consult with an attorney and look at cutting your loses.

MarkV

Opps, senior moment. I replied to Mike in the above post rather than Paul. [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] Sorry.

MarkV

No problem. No news yet with the house. Still working on it. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    Paul Bradway