Thread: Tuppence in for surgery today

Tuppence in for surgery today

Gawd, the look of betrayal on her face as I handed over the leash and walked out was heart-wrenching! [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Got word from the surgeon shortly after she went under that both knees were bad, and he would do the right one first as that was the one she was favoring.

$4500 vet bill. The wife is pulling her hair out, but Tuppers is my little girl! [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] She'll be spending the night and coming home late Friday afternoon for a 16 week rehab period. Poor little thing!

Pete

Cambridge, New York in beautiful Washington County, next to Vermont

Re: Tuppence in for surgery today

Yep, been there, done that, Pete. Same deal with Mulder, it was both of his knees. Tuppence with be fine after rehab.

And I know that look!!! Mulder gave it to me also. But the surgeon became enthralled with him. When he came out of the anesthesia after both surgeries, the first person he saw was the surgeon, and Mulder wagged his tail. Now the surgeon is his Uncle Paul.

Don't worry, Pete. After all this is over, Tuppence will be good as new, and very happy, because she'll be pain free!!!
    Rich
    "What a long strange trip it's been."

I know you're scared and concerned about your baby. But she'll be fine after the rehabilitation period. When mine came home the first night we had to give her some morphine sulphate tablets, but after the first dose she did not need any more. Also was a few days before her elimination habits returned to normal. I think that's due to the anesthia and morphine.

Best wishes for a quick recovery!
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    $4500 vet bill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. This critter is part of your family.

Steve

You're a good pet owner. I thought the $2300 we spent on Fudge's back surgery was pretty steep. Its amazing what the vets can do nowadays.
    Alan L. - Texas
    North of Mustang
    South of Bugtussle
    On the Banks of Buck Creek

Thanks for the support, guys! Having raised two daughters already...in retrospect my dogs are like kids that never outgrow that delightful innocence. Maybe that's why they tug at my heart so.

Tuppence is doing fine at the vet's office. Groggy and sedated, but raising her head and wagging when paid attention to. We'll pick her up late this afternoon and bring her home. I've cannibalized an old crib to make a pen of sorts in the living room so the other dogs don't jostle her. Will try to find some sheets of foam at work to pad the floor, then lay an oriental on top so she has a slip-free surface. Can't wait to bring her home! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Hi Pete,

You are taking good care of your girl and she is so special to you. We all know that there are many people who could not understand laying down that kind of money for your dog's surgery. What we receive from our dogs is priceless. So we write the check to help our loyal loving friend.

Tuppence is lucky to have you and you of course are the most fortunate to have her.