Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuppence at home!!!

Re: Tuppence at home!!!

Rich -- Thanks for your incredibly generous offer! Wow, TBN comes through again! I think we'll go with Joe down in Albany NY, though. He did the same procedure on Tupper's littermate, and the breeder wants to do some genetic studies to determine whether or not she should sterilize the entire line. But thank you!

Pete

Cambridge, New York in beautiful Washington County, next to Vermont

OK, Pete, I'm glad you found an alternative to your first surgeon!

But if you ever need it, the offer always stands!! Us rural doglovers gotta stick together!! [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
    Rich
    "What a long strange trip it's been."

Pete, how's Tuppence doing? [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
    Rich

Rich -- The little monster got her staples out last Thursday and now is feeling entirely healed! She's not supposed to run or rough house with her brothers, and for the next four months can't be off leash. But this little bundle of energy is surprisingly strong and is perfectly capable of pulling me nearly off my feet when she spots a stray tennis ball! [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I think the next three months will be interesting...

Pete

I'm glad she's feeling well, Pete!! But as you said, this is the toughest time for you, not her. It is very important for her not to overdo it. We had a tough time with Mulder, who is 160 lbs of pure muscle! We had to convert our little laundry room into his room. We closed it up with a baby gate, so he could see his sisters, but couldn't play with them. Luckily he respects a barrier as something he's not allowed to cross, or the baby gate would be splinters.

We would just say, "Mulder go in your room." and he would. But Goldens are just a bit more active than Mastiffs, so it'll be tougher for Tuppence.

Are you going to have monthly post operative visits to see how she's healing?
    Rich

On the other hand, goldens are so incredibly anxious to please that she trots right in when I say "Tuppence in baby jail!"

The rechecks. I have a real hard time paying that clown any more money. He lowballed on the cost, which strikes me as very unethical. The "add ons" after the operation are easily half again as much as the surgery itself. I really feel blindsided by the guy. It would be tolerable if he was a decent human being, but he has the personality of a toad!

I suppose we ought to investigate other surgeons for the followup care.

Pete

Boy he is trying to bilk you! Our surgeon didn't even charge for any of the follow-up visits, they were all included in the cost of the surgery, which was $1700 for each knee. However many visits Mulder needed were included.
    Rich