Thread: Tile flooring

Tile flooring

Alright the project is about to begin....i was going to simply tile the dinning room, but that grew to the hallway to no big deal right?
    well my new (to me) condo was build on duct planking so i will be spending the rest of the weekend leveling it out since no one bothered to put on the top cap.

do you guys have any tips for me on this one? i have all the sakcrete i am going to need....but other than that i am open to new info!

thanx guys

Re: Tile flooring

I used a "Backer Board" (about $9 for a 3'x5'x 1/4" pc) as a sub-floor when I laid my tile down. This helped level any flooring that wasn't smooth/level as well as giving the tile something to adhere too and increases the rigidity of the floor.

handyman
    after doing the math backerboard would have been more $$$ then laying the concrete. all went well though cause we got it done in about 4 hours and i hope to be tiling this weekeng!
    thanx for the info though

I would suggest not using sakrete. Instead use a self leveling cement as it is made exactly for this purpose. Also use a good cement primer before using the self leveling cement.