Thread: Prepared our garden today!

Prepared our garden today!

Well, I don't know what we are gonna plant in it yet, but .... since it was the first time I'd ever operated a backhoe, I figured I'd share a pic.

After I had it figured out, I felt almost like a kid with a toy playing in the sandbox. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Mostly just had some stumps to remove, and some rocky soil to loosen.

Now, gee, what to plant!! [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Re: Prepared our garden today!

Looks like fun! I'm hoping that we'll dry out here. Normally by this time of year I'm watering like crazy, but this year we've been getting drenched. Good, since we need the water storage for summer, but I'm way late getting my garden in. We are supposed to get a few days of "no rain" so I'm shooting for Wednesday to break up the soil and till. Thought about using the backhoe, but will probably run the mid-buster...since I'm still "tillerless".

Using a back hoe to work the garden up,now I've seen it all.Is that the way they do it in cal. too? RICHARD GAUTHIER

Gonna make sure them potatoes get planted good and deep. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Steve

Well, you use a backhoe when there are some really tough things in you garden that need to be cleaned out.

[img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

You better put a cage around your ROP's on that tractor if those are the type insects you have in your garden [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

How did you like that Terramite? Was it a T5C?

I've only seen insects that size along the gulf coast, never in northern Virginia.
    A man's likely to mind his own business, if it is worth mindin' - Eric Hoffer

The Terramite was a rental, and had a few miles on it ... so it suffered the usual problems associated with rough use and too little maintenance ... stalling out, primarily. It was also my first backhoe experience, so alas I have little basis of comparison. It did seem to have plenty of hydraulic power, though. When I would struggle with a root, it was usually because I couldn't get a sufficient "foothold". Attacking from a different angle usually helped that.

We've had a really rainy season this year, and I think the "insects" are larger and fiercer as a result. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]