Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: &%$*! exhaust manifold!

Re: &%$*! exhaust manifold!

How deep is deep?

Pete

Pete, don't think $'s, think about how "GOOOOD" it will sound (plus 10-15 added HP). About $100-$125 for normal, twice that for "ceramic coating" which I don't think you would need or want.

Are those prices for out of the box headers...or custom made headers? I haven't seen ANY mass produced headers that would fit right up to this old 315 Poly, so if you have a source I'd love some contact info.

Also, wouldn't I have to rejet the carb?

Pete

Pete, try these guy's, I think you are a DD4, but I'm not sure. Sanderson

Thanks. Unfortunately, when I called they had nothing at all available for my engine. Looks like I'm back to hoping the replacement fits. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Pete

WOW, I am really suprised Sanderson does not have anything. They deal alot with the old, oddball motors. You could always break out the torch, and welder, and make your own. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Paul Bradway

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    You could always break out the torch, and welder, and make your own.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Paul -- You have no idea how badly I've wanted an oxy-acetylene rig! [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I was pretty good with it in high school voc class, but that was 30 years ago. Besides, if I asked for another tool my lovely bride would strangle me at this point! [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Anyway, the manifold I found on the Web last week just arrived today and it's a PERFECT match for the original! Back in business! I've already blasted it and applied the first coat of manifold paint. Tomorrow evening the second coat. And Saturday if I have time we'll see about bolting it all back together...um, if it proves to be flat, that is! [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Pete

<font color="red"> Besides, if I asked for another tool my lovely bride would strangle me at this point!
    </font color> [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Been there.

Glad to hear you found anouther one. I don't know how we put old cars together in the past without the internet. I have gotten almost everything for my cars over it.
    Paul Bradway