Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When do you get your garden in?

Re: When do you get your garden in?

<font color="red"> That is the latest I have EVER attempted a garden, be interesting to see how much I can harvest before frost.

</font color>

Same boat here. Just put in my corn last night. I am hoping for the best. The rest well be going in tomarrow. If nothing else, its a nice day in the yard. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Paul Bradway

We have the garden area tilled, but only partially planted, even at this late date. It has been a very wet spring with too few dry enough days....that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img] We did manage to put in asparagus crowns and artichokes that I started from seed last January [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img], but the tomatoes, peppers, cold crops and rhubarb I started are still in their pots! So many projects, so little time....

wasabi - "It has been a very wet spring with too few dry enough days"

Same problem here. I put some tomato plants in last week and now they're sitting in mud and wilting. I have a few more that I put in a few weeks ago in a dryer part and they're doing much better. One even has a 1" dia tomato! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Danny,

I'm revisiting the whole gardening approach this year....now looking at starting seeds with an eye towards putting in fall/winter crops. Wierd isn't it....four straight years of drought and now the wettest spring in history. At least the lakes and water tables are back up. Weatherman first blamed the drought on El Nino....now I think thay are claiming the lack of El Nino is at the root of the problem. Go figure! [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]