Thread: Intro

Intro

Hi everyone, I've been reading the forum for a few weeks and have found it helpful, funny and friendly. I have a falling down cottage in the woods in constant need of repair, love living here. My place is mostly wooded but I have a small pasture and garden area. My current projects are refinishing the wood floors, trying to manage the manure pile, clearing out some trees and putting in a new pasture and keeping the weeds out of my garden. I've got lettuce, tomatoes, peas, beans, onions, potatoes, strawberries and melons coming along. I also have a little herb garden. I have 2 horses that have the easist life in the world, one is trained to drive and at some point I'd like to use her for some farm work. I have no clue though. Otherwise I ride around the area and belong to a club called the old people's riding club. I commute a distance into work and can't wait to get home everyday. I think I live in the best place in the world, right near the rivers and bay in the tidewater of Va. This is a picture of my dear old friend, she's buried out back under her favorite tree.
    linda

Re: Intro

Hi, Linda, and Welcome!

Lotsa nice folks here, and a ton of knowledge.

Compost that manure, it's the greatest soil amendment on the planet!

Re: Intro

I'm sure your more than welcome on this site. Great Folks
    That is an <font color="red"> awesome </font color> picture. How was it taken?
    Mike

took it with the new toy

I took it with the digital camera that came with a printer I bought, the picture was taken on a sunny day in a hay field. I fooled around with the photo program and cropped it, added the night filter and used the mirage thing. I'm not a photographer, this was a fluke that it turned out so nice.
    linda